VGB is a GameBoy emulator. It runs Classic, Color, and Super GameBoy games on your phone or tablet. VGB also emulates the pocket printer addon, link cable, rumble pack, cheat codes, and comes with cheats for dozens of popular games. Save your game progress at any moment, or even rewind gameplay back in time. Brag about it to your friends, then let them start playing where you have left off. Or play together over WiFi. VGB supports GoogleTV and lets you play using Xperia Play, Moga, iCade, Wiimote, Sixaxis, Nyko PlayPad, and other gamepads.
* Specifically optimized for Android devices, using assembly language and hardware acceleration to run GBC games as fast as possible.
* Supports full screen landscape and portrait modes, with many special effect options and customizable skin.
* Supports Moga and iCade gamepads, Nyko PlayPad, Xperia Play, Wiimote and Sixaxis.
* Supports GoogleTV devices running Android 4.x (Jelly Bean), such as LG G2/G3.
* The built-in Cheatopedia offers cheat codes for many popular GBC games.
* Save gameplay at any point and go back to that point once your character gets killed.
* Rewind gameplay 16 seconds back with a single keypress.
* Share your current progress in a GBC game with other users via State Exchange feature.
* Use GameLink emulation to play with other users over local network or Internet.
* Play with your hardware keyboard, gamepad, touch screen, or accelerometer.
* Record game soundtrack to MIDI files and use them as ringtones.
* On-screen buttons can be freely rearranged.
Please notice that VGB will not play GBA games: you will need VGBA for that. VGB package itself does not contain any games. You should place your own game files onto the SD card before running VGB.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with VGB. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free GameBoy games.
* Released free VGB 5.2 for Windows and Linux.
* Hopefully fixed a crash in the native startup code.
* Hopefully fixed two native crashes when drawing screen.
* Fixed crash when dismissing progress dialog in Cheatopedia.
* Fixed the order of calls in onPause() / onStop() / onDestroy().